What is Probate?
If you are the Executor of a will or the Administrator of someone who has died and needs help collecting the Deceased’s persons estate, we can help. Probate is the legal term given to the process that is followed after someone has died. It ends with the Probate Registry issuing a legal document that enables assets to be collected this is called a Grant Probate.
How does probate work ?
There are a number of steps that need to be followed. The starting point is to find the deceased will and see who is the Executor, this person will have responsibility for the administration of the estate. If there is no will, then the estate will be subject to the Intestacy Rules which set out who will administer the estate and inherit the various assets. Typically the administrator of the estate will be the next of kin, but you can see the Intestacy Rules by clicking here .
How we can help you
We specialise in obtaining probate and assist clients throughout the UK, in the following areas :-
- Obtaining probate to release monies in a bank account, shares or a death benefit under a pension scheme
- Probate for the sale of a House
- Probate for the sale of shares
- Probate to bring a claim eg. PPI or Care Home Fees
- Issues with wills. We help when the original will is lost, there might be a problem with the signature of the Deceased, the witnesses may have signed the will in the wrong place or the will may have been written on.
- Contesting a will. If you are unhappy with a will we can advise you on whether Contest the Will
- We can obtain probate quickly.
- No interview at the probate registry will be required
- We charge a simple, straightforward fixed fee
- No fees are charged until the end of the case or the beneficiaries are in receipt of the funds
- We operate across the UK
- All our staff are friendly approachable
Why choose us ?
Probate Questions and Answers ?
Our National Probate Helpline answers lots of questions relating to the Probate Process, please feel free to call us or e-mail with your query and we will always reply. We post recent questions answered on our Probate Blog while our questions and answers page contains lots of useful answers to the most commonly asked probate questions, such as :-
- Closing a Deceased's bank account
- Probate and inheritance Tax
- What is a Warning to a Caveat ?
- What happens when the will does not appoint an Executor ?
- Contesting a Will Time limits
- How long does it take ?
- How can obtain a copy of a will ?
- The Deceased owned a property can I sell it
- How much does Probate cost ?
- When do I need probate ?
- Contesting a will : what can I do if am unhappy with a will ?
- Does an Inheritance Tax return need to be filed with every case ?
- Do I need the original will to apply ?
- I am the next of kin and cannot find a will what happens to the estate ?